Networking and Events
The SNMMI 2020 Annual Meeting - Virtual Edition still gives you the opportunity to connect and network with peers and luminaries from across the globe. Add these events and networking opportunities to your calendar:
||SNMMI Movie Viewing Party: Special Advance Screening of "Radioactive"
Saturday, July 11 | beginning at 8:15 pm ET
Second screening available for international attendees on Sunday, July 12 at 3:00 am ET
Join us for a special movie viewing party on Saturday evening! Hosted by the Women in Nuclear Medicine (WINM), and sponsored by Bracco – we invite you to watch and participate in a live group chat w/ colleagues during a special Amazon advance screening of “Radioactive,” exclusively for Annual Meeting attendees!
“Radioactive” tells the story of Marie Curie and Pierre Curie, and the reverberation of their discoveries throughout the 20th century.
Virtual “Hot Trot 5K” Run/Walk
Sign up for the 6th Annual “Hot Trot 5K” run/walk. Proceeds will benefit the SNMMI-TS Professional Development and Education Fund, supporting the advancement of molecular and nuclear medicine technologists. All race registrants will receive an official Hot Trot shirt and medal. Hot Trot registration closes July 14, 2020.
Register for the Virtual Hot Trot 5K on Active.com.
Molecular Hubs Meet-Ups
Take a break from the CE sessions and join your colleagues at the Virtual Molecular Hub! Each day will feature a new topic and leaders within the field.
- We invite you to begin your SNMMI Virtual Meeting experience on Saturday, July 11 at 1:30 pm. Umar Mahmood, MD, PhD, SNMMI Scientific Program Committee Chair and the SPC Cabinet will provide first time attendees with the highlights of the SNMMI meeting. The SPC will share their tips and tricks to ensuring a great meeting experience. Watch the recorded event.
- On Sunday, July 12 at 9:00 am join the Council and Center Leadership as they provide brief overviews of their activities and important information on how to get involved and connect with other individuals in your area of expertise. Watch the recorded event.
- Finally, on Tuesday, July 14 at 9:00 am, residents and early career professionals are invited to the join the Early Career Professionals Committee. ECP leaders will provide information on existing resources for early career professionals and give attendees a sneak peak of what is coming this year!"
SNMMI President’s Townhall and Reception for Dr. Vasken Dilsizian
Attend this informal one-hour virtual town hall and reception on Monday, July 13 at 7:15 pm ET, honoring outgoing SNMMI President Vasken Dilsizian, MD. The event will feature brief remarks from Dr. Dilsizian, an opportunity for your to share your favorite stories, and even some special guest surprises! We look forward to you joining the celebration.
View the invitation.
SNMMI President's Reception - sponsored by:
SNMMI-TS President’s Townhall and Reception for Mr. Mark Crosthwaite
Attend this informal one-hour virtual town hall and reception on Saturday, July 11 at 7:15 pm ET, honoring outgoing SNMMI-TS President Mark Crosthwaite, The event will feature brief remarks from Mr. Crosthwaite, the chance for you to your share your favorite stories, and more! Plus, don’t miss The Thallium Stallions, who will premiere their new song "19th Coronavirus Breakdown" at the start of the reception – sponsored by Sirona Complete Care.
View the invitation.
SNMMI-TS President's Reception - sponsored by:
“Drink and Think”
Join your colleagues and friends for an informal virtual networking event. Drink and Think is where a virtual happy hour meets an exchange of scientific knowledge and discussion. The Virtual Meeting will feature two day of opportunities to participate in Drink and Think meet-ups which will include topics hosted by SNMMI Councils and Centers. We encourage you to grab a late evening snack, a drink, and be ready to discuss some of the most exciting topics in the field.
Sunday, July 12 | 8:15-9:15 pm ET
Monday, July 13 | 8:15-9:15 pm ET
- Phased Re-opening Plans for Pediatric Nuclear Radiology Departments – Sponsored by the Pediatric Imaging Council
- New PET Radiopharmaceuticals: Practical Tips? – Sponsored by the PET Center of Excellence
- Artificial Intelligence in Nuclear Medicine – Sponsored by the Physics, Instrumentation and Data Sciences Council
- Prostate Imaging with PSMA PET and How it Plays into Other Imaging Modalities – Sponsored by the Correlative Imaging Council
- Expert Eyes on Details - Deep Cerebellar Nuclei in Neurodegenerative Imaging by Kuhl-Lassen Award Winner, Dr Nicolas Bohnen — Sponsored by the Brain Imaging Council
- How Toxic Environments Affect Productivity — Sponsored by the CMIIT
- Total Body PET – Sponsored by the Physics, Instrumentation and Data Sciences Council
- Targeted Radionuclide Therapy for Non- thyroid Pediatric Malignancies: What’s Here and What’s on the Horizon? – Sponsored by the Pediatric Imaging Council
- Nuclear Medicine and COVID-19 – Sponsored by the General Clinical Nuclear Medicine Council
- 21CFR2Beers…Regulatory Considerations for the Radiopharmaceutical Sciences in 2020 – Sponsored by the Radiopharmaceutical Sciences Council
- Nuclear Medicine Practice Optimization – Opportunity for Physician Extenders – Sponsored by the Advanced Associate Council
- Resident Training and Recruitment in the Time of Covid – Sponsored by the Academic Council
- What are You Most Excited About with the Future of Nuclear Medicine Therapies? – Sponsored by the Therapy Center of Excellence
The SNMMI Early Career Professionals Committee (EPC) is excited to sponsor the Virtual Knowledge Bowl, taking place Tuesday, July 14 at 8:00 pm ET! This event provides an opportunity for residents and early career professionals to network with each other in a competition of the mind! Attendees will be shown difficult general nuclear medicine and PET tracer cases, examine basic science questions and interpret important correlative imaging findings. All of this in a fun, interactive virtual platform.
Plenary Sessions and Henry N. Wagner, Jr., MD Highlights Symposium
Make plans to attend the popular SNMMI Plenary Sessions. These informative sessions highlight keynote speakers, significant awards and accomplishments, the SNMMI business meeting, installation of the new SNMMI president, a synopsis of research during the Annual Meeting, announcement of the Image of the Year and more. Learn about the Plenary Sessions.
Virtual Exhibit Hall
SNMMI's Virtual Exhibit Hall will be filled with dozens of companies representing the latest innovations in nuclear medicine and molecular imaging products and services. Visit customized virtual booths from top suppliers and learn more about their products/services through videos and downloadable presentations. Plus, connect through one-on-one meetings with exhibit personnel while visiting their booth.
SNMMI Marketplace and Member Pavilion in the Virtual Exhibit Hall
Connect with SNMMI when you enter Virtual Exhibit Hall. SNMMI booths include: Membership, Education/CE, JNM/JNMT, and the Clinical Trials Network.