Abstract Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please check back as this page is updated frequently.
- What’s the abstract submission deadline?
Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 11:59 pm ET (physicians, scientists, technologists and educational exhibits)
Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 11:59 pm ET (technologist students)
- I’m having trouble formatting my abstract, does SNMMI have a template?
Yes. Here's a great example. Take a look at the 2019 Henry D. Wagner, Jr., MD Best Paper of the Year
- What is the character count for an abstract submission?
Character max limit is 3500. This includes graphs, tables, images; etc.
- Do you have a list of the 2021 Tracks and Categories?
A list of the 2021 Tracks and Categories can be found here.
- Where can I find previously submitted abstracts?
Visit the Journal of Nuclear Medicine (JNM) website to search full-text abstracts online!
- Does SNMMI charge an abstract submission fee?
Yes, there is a $40 (USD) non-refundable processing fee for each abstract submitted for the SNMMI 2021 Annual Meeting. The processing fee will be submitted online by credit card (only) at the time of submission with any applicable registration fees you may incur. Please note: there will be no submission processing fees for technologists, technologist students, or those residing in qualifying low and lower middle income countries.
- What is the professional poster printing service?
It’s a service provided to Annual Meeting Poster Presenters to have their poster printed and delivered to the meeting site directly. Learn more.
- Where do I pick up my printed poster?
Your poster will be available for pick-up at the Poster Information Desk onsite in Washington, DC. Please report/check-in with the available personnel at the desk.
- How do I access the ePoster site?
The site is usually accessible 2-3 months after the Annual Meeting and can be found here.
- I’ve been accepted as an oral presenter. What are the presentation guidelines?
Typically, oral presentations are 10 minutes long—8 mins for the presentation and 2 mins for Q&A. Therefore, we recommend that each oral presenter has no more than 6-8 slides (PowerPoint, 16:9 screen format). Usually, 6-8 weeks from the Annual Meeting, more detailed instructions on presentation guidelines; etc., are sent out via email.
- What’s the recommended poster size for poster presenters?
Poster board specifications are as follows: 6 feet wide & 4 feet tall.
- What if I would like to reach someone directly?
Please feel free to contact, Sr. Program Manager of Scientific Program and Abstracts, Delicia Hurdle @ email@example.com or by phone 703-667-5121.