Categorical #1: Neurodegeneration: From Current Clinical Applications to New Advancements
Sponsored by the SNMMI Brain Imaging Council
This pre-meeting categorical seminar provides a full review and comprehension of the role of molecular imaging in Neurodegenerative diseases—designed to improve your skills and competency. The content is focused on general participants interested in improving their knowledge in neurodegeneration, as well as in specialists, with the more recent updates in the field.
- Understand “What is Neurodegeneration."
- Review current applications of Neuroimaging in Neurodegenerative Disorders.
- Master knowledge of Quantification and sem-quantification in neurodegenerative disorders.
- Examine novel radiotracers with potential applications in Neurodegeneration.
- Understand the role of synaptic imaging in Neurodegeneration.
- Perceive the potential applications of Artificial Intelligence Algorithms to the Interpretation of Neuroimaging Data.
Categorical #2: Nuclear Cardiology 2021: Important Things to Know
Sponsored by the SNMMI Cardiovascular Council
This pre-meeting categorical seminar addresses the fundamental principles all nuclear medicine practitioners should be proficient in understanding in 2021, including coronary artery disease; cardiovascular hot-spot imaging; and myocardial blood flow. In addition, the seminar will cover several “hot” topics that flow naturally from current every-day nuclear cardiology practice: interpretation and reporting of the low-resolution CT findings on SPECT and PET studies when acquired using hybrid cameras; a primer on SPECT and PET hot-spot imaging of the CV system including basic principles of patient preparation, qualitative interpretation, quantification, and serial evaluation.
- Learn how to interpret the CT information from hybrid studies.
- Understand the value of new PET cameras to CV imaging.
- Know about state-of-the-art SPECT MPI: what needs to change.
- Understand CV hot-spot imaging and how it differs from traditional cold-spot imaging.
- Understand how to quality control PET blood flow measurements.
- Learn about the pivotal role cardiac PET plays in the diagnosis and management of coronary microvascular disease.
Categorical #3: Correlative Imaging: Cross Sectional and Molecular Imaging Working Together
Sponsored by the SNMMI Correlative Imaging Council and PET Center of Excellence
This pre-meeting categorical seminar focuses on four different topics in nuclear medicine imaging, addressing the correlative imaging conundrums that physicians run into during interpretation. Each topic will provide perspectives from a nuclear medicine professional on the molecular imaging aspects of the topic and a radiologist focused on the conventional
imaging aspect. Topics to include: 1) NI-RADS and head and neck cancers, 2) Imaging of paragangliomas and pheochromocytomas, 3) Bone lesions in prostate cancer seen on PSMA PET, and 4) Lung fibrosis imaged with CT/MRI versus molecular imaging.
- Review common osseous false positives seen with PSMA PET.
- Understanding how CT and MRI can aid improve interpretation of osseous metastases seen on PSMA PET.
- Understand how NIRADS is used to characterize recurrent disease in head and neck cancer.
- Learn how PET can help in characterizing recurrent from benign lesions seen on MRI and CT in patients with head and neck cancer.
- Review the utility of various molecular imaging agents (FDOPA, FDG and SSTR-PET) for imaging of paraganglioma.
- Provide updates on the role of novel molecular imaging agents for imaging of active pulmonary fibrosis and how this can help in disease characterization versus CT.
Categorical #4: Synthesis of PET Radiopharmaceuticals: State-of-the-art and Future Prospects
Sponsored by the SNMMI Radiopharmaceutical Sciences Council
New radiopharmaceuticals continue to be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including new theranostics for cancer treatment, that are transforming the lives of the patients we diagnose and treat in our clinics every day. This is transforming Nuclear Medicine from a research technique to a powerful standard of care. This growth is changing radionuclide supply chains and which radiopharmaceuticals are being routinely synthesized in the global manufacturing network. This pre-meeting categorical seminar provides key updates on state-of-the-art practices in labeling strategies and radiopharmaceutical synthesis to meet the rapidly growing demands for nuclear medicine imaging agents and radiotherapeutics. Attendees will learn about the breadth of radionuclides and radiopharmaceuticals in use today, from fundamental design of radiopharmaceuticals to strategies for labeling of specific bioactive molecules and synthesis of PET radiopharmaceuticals.
- Inform current best practices for PET radiopharmaceutical synthesis
- Present solutions to existing challenges with radiopharmaceutical synthesis
- Learn how to select an appropriate probe and radionuclide for radiopharmaceutical development.
- Learn state-of-the-art methods for labeling small molecules, antibodies, and peptides.
- Learn emerging strategies for production of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Introduce new approaches for radiopharmaceutical synthesis and quality control.